Monday, March 26, 2012

Let's just pretend it hasn't been THAT long ....

So, when I sat down to finally write a new entry, my thinking was, "Great I will do one huge February post and !voila!, I am caught up!"  Then I looked at the calendar... might as well do March while I am at it or I will be behind... again....!  But let's do February first, ok?! OK!

I think I have been putting off writing lately because February was so stinkin' awesome, I am a bit intimidated. No serious!  I really don't think my writing can do the month-o-fun we had justice!!  I will try... I am sure many of you are thinking..."She is the most TRYING person we know!"  Keep those thoughts to yourself!

We will begin with our trip to Disneyland...!


 
Our first night, we went to Goofy's Kitchen to get in the mood!!  Man oh man!  Goofy can cook!
 

While dining, Cinderella stopped by!  She was amazing!  William is in love! He talked to her all about cars and how they work, since ya know, she has never seen one before!  It took all we had to get Maggie to stand next to her!

I can never remember who is Chip and who is Dale.  Will liked this guy... he picks boogers too!

First Day inside the House of Mouse!  Everyone has their "Ears" and we are ready for the rain!  Which, subsequently, NEVER ARRIVED!!  Bonus! No crowds! No Rain!

Will is clearly smitten with Rapunzel, Bailey liked her and Maggie... well... who knows?!

Daddy and Maggie on Autopia!

Totally love this picture!

Maggie was terrified of most of the Characters!


The Autopia worker said to "Stand on #3."  So Maggie made Daddy STAND ON #3 and take their picture.  I guess to document her obidience!  I think we will bring that worker home... he is the only one she seems to obey!

Daddy and Will on... wait for it...

wait for it...!

SPLASH MOUNTAIN!!!!! 
Some how we got Oma and Will on the ride WITHOUT them seeing the HUGE drop!!  Needless to say, Will's face paint needed a touch up!  As did Oma's... oh never mind what she needed to touch up!



 
Uh.. Hello?! Do we know you?  Apparently William was a big hit with the Asian visitors!  They we so happy to take a picture with him, and one women even pushed her own son out of the way so it was just her and Will!  Go figure!  His cuteness is even international!  I love that he even posed!
 


 
Just the six of us!
 

Daddy and Bailey on... Dumbo, I believe!

Casey, Jr.  The rest of us are in the "Wild Animal Cage" behind them... Appropriate!
The "WILD ANIMALS" Beware!


We spent the entire first day and about half of the second day in Disneyland.  Then we made it over to California Adventure.  The kid's favorite ride there was "Goofy's Flight School".  I think we went on it about 15 times.  No LIE!!  I was sore the next day!  My mom almost had a heart attack!  The kids loved that she was scared but they were not! 

One of the highlights on our trip was the Ferris Wheel in California Adventure.  And by highlights, I actually mean low lights!  And by low lights, I mean I cried and almost peed my pants!  And by almost, I mean I did.  Picture this...

Last ride of the day and the whole adventure.  Nate and my mom really want to go on the ferris wheel.  Bailey and Maggie go anywhere Grandma Lisa and Daddy go, and I reluctantly agree to go on it, with one stipulation.  It has to be a car that doesn't move!  And I am wearing Lucy.  Oma and Will grab the Nook and a bench and (wisely) sit this one out!  As you can probably figure, of course we got on one of the moving ones.  I looked for something to hold onto (and not Nate, because last time I was scared on a ride I dislocated his shoulder).  They all laughed at me for wanting just a little handle to "keep me safe".  Alas, none were to be found.  My fingers tried desperately to claw anyway they could into the cage that surrounded us.  And then it starts. 
We go up and up AND UP AND UP! 



YEAH... that last "up" is where I started to laugh, but laugh only so I wouldn't cry!  As we get towards the top, we stop to let riders on and off.  That is when it first happened.  The stupid thing starts moving on the mini track it is on.  {Thinking about it now... literally just got the chills.}  With that little ditty,  I stopped laughing and started crying.  Then it all started AGAIN!  But this time we are going down!  Plunging to our death!  I was certain of it!!  Now I have all sorts of liquids coming from many orifices.  Basically I was a mess!  The thing continues like this for what seems like hours!  Meanwhile... my mom is laughing at me (she only made it to the laugh/cry stage!), Nate is trying to console Maggie (because I was no help) and Bailey is only marginally scared.  And Lucy, you ask?  She slept through the whole thing!

There it is in one post... 3 days of February.  We still have gardening, dance class, an impromptu trip to the desert, The Lorax movie and many other "day in the life of..." type pictures just from February!  Stay tuned!

Love you!





No comments:

Post a Comment